Ethiopian Airlines voted African Airline of the Year
Ethiopian Airlines has bagged another award, this time the Gold Award for African Airline of the Year 2011/2012 from the African Aviation News portal.
The airline was also named Airline of the Year at the African Airlines Associations (AFRAA) Annual General Assembly in November 2011 and also named as Africa’s most profitable airline by Air Transport World (ATW) in 2010
The African Aviation News portal award was voted for by 20,000 people including readers and industry officials.
READ MORE ARTICLES FROM AFRICAN BUSINESS REVIEW:
- African entrepreneurs in the spotlight
- Daily deal sites: Holy grail or poisoned chalice?
- The e-reader - 2012's must-have gadget
View the latest issue of the magazine here
"It gives an immense pleasure to the Ethiopian team to receive a vote of confidence for its services as the continent’s leading airline," said Ato Tewolde GebreMariam, CEO of Ethiopian Airlines.
"The award underscores the continuous efforts and hard work of Ethiopian employees who are striving day and night to surpass customers’ expectations. Ethiopian is also grateful to its loyal customers for their continued feedback and support which, in turn, assisted us in enhancing the airline’s service excellence."
Ethiopian Airlines has been in operation for 65 years and has become one of the continent’s most reputable airlines, flying to 62 international destinations and running its own flight training school.
African Business Review is now available on the iPad. Click here to download it
- Ethiopian Airlines wins company of the year award at All Africa Business Leaders AwardsLeadership & Strategy
- Bombardier awards Ethiopian Airlines with reliable performance awardLeadership & Strategy
- Ethiopian Airlines revises 15-year strategic planLeadership & Strategy
- African Business Review sustainability September issue is live!Digital Strategy