Zoopla Group to buy Money.co.uk for £80mn in latest acquisition
Zoopla Group (ZPG) is to acquire Money.co.uk in a cash-free deal worth £80mn.
The transaction represents the most recent effort from the United Kingdom-based property portal to expand its portfolio, which now includes the likes of Expert Agent and USwitch.
Money.co.uk is one of the United Kingdom's most established financial services comparison sites, attracting two millions visitors to its platform every month.
Share prices in ZPG hit a record high back in May, with the FTSE 250 firm's six-monthly revenues rising to £117.9m - though the costs incurred from its various acquisitions hit profits.
- Business Review Europe magazine, September issue - OUT NOW!
- Jaguar Land Rover to build electric and hybrid vehicles only from 2020
- Google and Bertelsmann to educate the next tech workforce through 75,000 Udacity scholarships
"We are delighted to announce this transaction," said Alex Chesterman, Founder and CEO of ZPG.
"Adding Money, one of the UK’s leading financial services comparison websites, to our existing brand portfolio will further enhance our product capabilities and consumer engagement across both our comparison and property platform."
Money.co.uk Founder and CEO Chris Morling added: "ZPG has led the way as an innovative digital consumer champion and we are looking forward to helping even more consumers make better-informed decisions as part of ZPG.”
- 5 winning BNPL strategies for retailers at point of saleLeadership & Strategy
- Deloitte: record number of CFOs expect operating costs riseCorporate Finance
- Ramadan consumer spend in MENA increases and shifts focusLeadership & Strategy
- Half of retail investors to shift investments into ESGCorporate Finance