Orkla to work with Accenture on first step of digital transformation
Orkla has recruited Accenture to kick off a 'complete digital transformation' that will increase efficiency in its global operations.
The Nordic retail conglomerate will utilise a technology platform based around SAP S/4HANA to create new digital services, hasten growth and improve collaboration between its companies around the world.
By helping to drive insights from data to inform faster and deeper decision-making, Orkla will meet the needs of its worldwide consumer base.
"We’re investing in a solution that will serve as the basis for a complete digital transformation, increasing collaboration between Orkla companies and propelling growth," said Jens Bjørn Staff, Orkla’s CFO.
- Eni reveals long-term strategic plan, investment in Italy to reach €7bn by 2021
- Feature: Overcome 'foreign body syndrome' - and change your business
- Business Chief magazine, Europe edition - click here to read April's issue
"We chose Accenture to modernize our technology platform due to our successful long-standing relationship and the combination of their significant experience both in the consumer goods industry and with SAP S/4HANA."
Tonje Sandberg, Accenture’s country managing director for Norway, added: "As the consumer goods industry undergoes unprecedented disruption and change, companies must constantly adapt and evolve, and innovative technologies are a key to seizing growth opportunities. By implementing SAP S/4HANA, Orkla intends to seize a competitive advantage by more rapidly spotting and responding to industry trends and consumer demands in real-time."
Last month, Accenture opened an innovation hub where it hopes to develop ideas to take its clients' digital transformations to the next level.
- Accenture boosts C-suite solutions amid business disruptionLeadership & Strategy
- New business book offers playbook for success in tech eraLeadership & Strategy
- Consultancies boost European sustainability capabilitiesSustainability
- Binance, Expedia, Cadre, Gopuff, Accenture exec hiresLeadership & Strategy